Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my payment still pending
Your payment is pending because the merchant hasn't settled the payment yet. This could take up to 10 working days but usually no more than 7 working days.
During the time a payment is pending, no money has left your account yet. We simply set the money aside from your balance so you've enough money to pay when the merchant collects the payment. When that happens, your payment will change from Pending to Settled.
If the merchant hasn't taken any action after 10 working days, we'll release the money back to your account.
Why was my payment declined?
Here are some common reasons:
● You've entered the wrong PIN
● You've reached your RM10,000 daily withdrawal limit
● You haven't got enough money in your account
● Your card is frozen
If you're making your first payment, please use Chip & PIN.
If you've been charged, please chat with us in-app so we can look into it.
I don't recognise a payment
Before you do anything else, please freeze your card in-app to keep your money safe.
● Some merchants have a different trading name from their brand name so you might not recognise the transaction at first. You can check this by running a Google search.
● Please check with your friends and family to see if they've made this payment.
● If you've been charged for a purchase you've not made, contact the merchant to find out what you've been charged for.
If you're sure you've not made this payment, chat with us in-app so we can investigate it.
I've been charged twice for the same payment
Please check if the status of the duplicate transaction is Settled.
● If no, the duplicate transaction will be pending for 7 working days and then the money will be released back to your account after.
● If yes, reach out to the merchant to understand why you've been charged twice.
If you're still having problems, please chat with us in-app.
The merchant has made a cancellation but I've not received my refund
Once the merchant has cancelled your payment, you'll receive your refund in 8 working days. If you haven't received your money by then, please chat with us in-app and we'll look into it.
The merchant has charged me incorrectly
Please reach out to the merchant to arrange a refund. If you're facing issues, chat with us in-app so we can help you.
I didn't get the goods or services I paid for
Please reach out to the merchant to check on the delivery of your goods or services. If you've trouble resolving the issue, chat with us in-app so we can help you.
The merchant doesn't accept my BigPay card
We're actively working with merchants to fix this so you can use your BigPay card with them. Let us know which merchant it is by chatting with us in-app.
I was charged RM200 for petrol
This is normal. The petrol station has made a pre-authorisation charge to validate your BigPay card. Don't worry, you’ll get your money back in 3-4 days.
To avoid the charge next time, pay directly at the cashier, not at the self-service pump.
I didn't receive my OTP
Trying to make a payment online or sign up/login to BigPay but didn't receive your OTP?
First, please check that you've entered the correct mobile number and your mobile has network coverage. If you've tried multiple times without success, reach out to your mobile service provider to find out what's happening.
If it's still not working, chat with us in-app so we can help you.