PRODUCT DISCLOSURE SHEET
PRODUCT DISCLOSURE SHEET
KINDLY READ THIS PRODUCT DISCLOSURE SHEET BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO TAKE UP ANY BIGPAY MALAYSIA SDN BHD (“BIGPAY”) PREPAID CARD. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ALSO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE BIGPAY CARD BEFORE YOU TAKE UP THE PRODUCT AS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE BINDING ON YOU.
BigPay Malaysia Sdn Bhd
BIG Pay Card
1. What is this product about?
The BigPay Card (“Card”) is an electronic money (“e-money”) designated payment instrument in the form of a prepaid card that you, the Cardholder, can top-up with funds. The Card comes together with a companion mobile application (“BigPay App”) which allows you to monitor all your transactions, track your spending, top up and manage your Card and account (including blocking your Card), allows you to check the balance on your Card and send funds to other BigPay users.
2. What are the features of this card?
• Wallet limit: RM10,000* (“Card Limit”) as approved by us for you
• Accepted by millions of MasterCard merchants worldwide (point of sale and e-commerce)
• Cash withdrawal at over 2 million MasterCard accepted ATMs
• Exclusive access to AirAsia sales
• Zero processing fee for flight bookings made via www.airasia.com
• No interest and no late charges
• Fund exposure is limited to the amount of funds pre-loaded into the Card
* you must upload your documents via the BigPay App (including but not limited to, personal identification documents and any other documents that we may request from time to time)
3. What are the fees and charges I have to pay?
CARD FEES & OTHER CHARGES*
Account Service Fee
RM2.50 per month for inactive account where there is no card transaction in a particular month
Waived until further notice
ATM Withdrawal Fee
Local: RM6.00 per transaction
Overseas: RM10.00 per transaction or 2% of withdrawal amount, whichever is higher
(NOTE: For overseas, only RM10.00 will be charged until further notice)
Currency Conversion Fee
(Applied when the purchase is effected in currencies other than Malaysian Ringgit)
1% + network charges
(NOTE: Only charges by the network will be applied until further notice)
Cross-Border Transaction Fee
(Applied when the purchase is through merchant acquired outside of Malaysia but charged in Malaysian Ringgit)
Waived until further notice
Replacement Card Fee
(Only applicable for Card replacement request made by Cardmember. Not applicable if due to defect of Chip or Card)
RM20.00 per Card
Cash Top-up Fee
RM1 + 2% of the reload value with the following caps:
i. RM2 per transaction for reload amount up to RM100; and
ii. RM5 per transaction for reload amount above RM100
Card Cancellation Fee
Card to Card transfer fees
Sales Draft Retrieval Fee
Reload/Top-up Charges (Reload charges are levied by our respective partners)
1. CREDIT CARDS – Rate levied by respective bank partners
2. DEBIT CARDS – Rate levied by respective bank partners
*Note: All Fees and Charges are subject to 0% GST Charge effective 1st June 2018 onwards.
4. What are the key terms of this product/ What are my obligations**?
• To apply, you must download the BigPay App (available on Apple iOS and Android) and apply for the Card via the App
• You must be a Malaysian citizen, permanent resident or a foreigner legitimately residing or gainfully employed (pursuant to a working visa in Malaysia) and with a valid mailing address in Malaysia. You should be 18 years of age and above
• No income document is required to apply but you must provide personal identification documents and any other documents and/or information that may be required by BigPay from time to time
• Minimum top up amount (during registration) is RM20
• You must protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN), OTP or passcode and must not disclose the same to third parties
• You must ensure your Card has sufficient funds (i.e. available balance) before conducting any transactions
• Your top-up and Card usage is limited to the maximum Card Limit. You cannot top-up your Card in excess of the maximum Card Limit
• You may opt for the Auto Top-up feature to automatically top up your Card
• You must not use your Card to purchase illegal goods or services or use it for any unlawful and/or fraudulent activities
• You must only use your Card strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions governing the Card
• We reserve the right to charge fees that may be applicable to your Card account which may have been in dormant status for a lengthy period of time
• Your Card is non-transferable and can only be used by you as the Cardholder
• If you fail to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions (Cardholder Agreement), we shall be entitled to block, suspend, revoke and/or terminate your Card
• We may also, at our sole and absolute discretion, limit, block, suspend, revoke or terminate (without refunding any balance) your Card or your use of the Card if we detect any unusual, irregular, suspicious, fraudulent, or unauthorized activity or transactions on your Card and/or account; or if we suspect misuse of your Card and/or account
**Important: Please read the product Terms and Conditions (Cardholder Agreement) for the full terms and conditions governing the use of the Card including your obligations before you apply for the Card
5. What are the major risks?
If your Card is lost or stolen or you suspect that you have been the victim of unauthorized transactions, you must block your Card immediately by either:
• Logging into the BigPay App and selecting the “freeze” function; or
• Calling us at 1300 13 3388 (local) or +603 7662 9200 (overseas)
6. What are my obligations or the applicable terms and conditions if I use the Auto Top-Up feature?
If you intend to use or have subscribed to the Auto Top-up function,, you confirm, consent and irrevocably authorize us: (i) to add, save or link your payment sources (including but not limited to credit card, debit card or online banking or funding sources) in order to top-up your Card via the Auto-Top-up feature in the App; (ii) to retain, record and use the relevant data of your payment sources for the Auto Top-up function; and (iii) to automatically charge and debit your payment sources for the preset reload amount whenever the Auto Top-up function is utilized and/or activated.
7. Who is liable for unauthorized transactions due to loss or theft?
You shall be liable for such unauthorized transactions until we receive written notification of the same. We may, however, limit your liability to RM250 provided you have not acted fraudulently and have sufficient evidence to prove so. Do note that we will not be responsible or liable for any such transactions occurring 24 hours prior to your report to us.
8. Where can I get further information on the Card?
If you have any queries, please contact us via the “Help” section of the BigPay App or our Customer Care Team at 1300 13 3388 (Malaysia) or +603 7662 9200 (overseas) between 8am and 6pm, Mondays to Fridays.
The information provided in this PDS is valid as at December 2020.