Frequently Asked Questions
Card payment issues
Why is my payment still pending?
Your payment is pending because the merchant hasn't settled the payment yet. This could take up to a maximum of 10 calendar days.
During the time a payment is pending, no money has left your account yet. We simply set the money aside from your balance so you have enough money to pay when the merchant collects the payment. When that happens, your payment will change from 'Pending' to 'Settled'.
If the merchant hasn't taken any action after a maximum of 10 calendar days, we'll release the money back to your account.
Why was my payment declined?
It is most likely:
● You've entered the wrong card PIN
● You reached your S$30,000 spend limit
● You haven't got enough money in your account
● Your card is frozen
● You've hit the daily limit for payWave payments of S$300 (any further transactions will require a PIN)
If you're making your first payment, pay with Chip and PIN before using payWave.
I don't recognise a payment
Before you do anything else, please freeze your card in-app to keep your money safe.
● Some merchants have a different trading name from their brand name so you might not recognise the transaction at first. You can check this by running a Google search.
● Please check with your friends and family to see if they have made this payment.
● If you've been charged for a purchase you've not made, contact the merchant to find out what you've been charged for.
If you're sure you've not made this payment, chat with us in-app so we can investigate it.
I've been charged twice for the same payment
Please check if the status of the duplicate transaction is 'Settled'.
● If not, the duplicate transaction will be pending for up to a maximum of 10 calendar days and then the money will be released back to your account after.
● If yes, reach out to the merchant to understand why you've been charged twice.
If you're still having problems, please chat with us in-app.
The merchant has cancelled my order but I have not received my refund
You should receive your refund in up to a maximum of 10 calendar days. If you have not received your refund after 8 working days, please chat with us in-app and we'll look into it.
The merchant has charged me incorrectly
Please reach out to the merchant to arrange a refund. If you're facing issues, chat with us in-app so we can help you.
I didn't get the goods or services I paid for
Please reach out to the merchant to find out what happened. If you cannot resolve the issue, chat with us in-app so we can help you.
The merchant doesn't accept my BigPay card
We're working with merchants to fix this. Let us know which merchant so we can look into it.
I was charged extra for petrol
This is normal. The petrol station has made a pre-authorisation charge to validate your BigPay card. You will get your money back in 3 to 4 working days.
To avoid the pre-authorisation next time, simply pay directly at the cashier, not at the self-service pump.
I didn't receive my OTP
Check if you have entered the correct mobile number and your mobile has network coverage.
Otherwise, reach out to your telco to find out if you can receive SMS from 62000 or 66688.